Get fit and win prizes this summer with KANA Wellness Center's bingo challenge!
How to play: Download a bingo board and perform as many activities as you can between May 27–August 31, 2019. For each activity that you complete, write the date on the corresponding square. Complete five squares diagonally, vertically, or horizontally to earn one entry into the prize jar. For a blackout, you earn fourteen entries!
Prize drawings will take place on Tuesday, September 10, 2019. To get your name in the prize jar, you must show the KANA Wellness Center staff your Bingo card on or before September 9, 2019. If you reside in a village, show your Behavioral or Community Health Aid your completed squares.
Download your bingo board, get out, get active, and have fun!
If you have any questions or need to request an alternative activity, call the KANA Wellness Center: 907.486.1377.
The number of each activity corresponds to a square on the bingo grid. If you make an art project with beach items (activity #5), write the date of the activity in box #5!
1. Log at least 10,000 steps every day for 7 straight days.
2. Go fishing with a friend. Catch one living sea critter to earn your square!
3. Strike your favorite yoga pose with your favorite Kodiak view in the background. For an extra prize jar entry, upload your photo to social media with the tag #KANASummerBingo19
4. Perform one of the following tasks for an Elder: wash their car, mow their lawn, pick up their yard trash, give them a foot rub, or walk their dog.
5. With your beach findings, make an awesome art project!
6. On your outdoor adventures, take a picture of; a fish carcass, a wild-flower, a salmonberry, beach glass with the ocean in the background, a heart shaped rock, and two ducks side by side.
7. Perform one of the following self-care activities for 30 minutes (banya, sauna, massage, yoga, hot bath)
8. Compliment two complete strangers today.
9. Bike a total of 15 miles at one time or over multiple sessions (indoor/outdoor).
10. Go tide pooling and take pictures of three different species.
11. Find one beach glass of every color: yellow, red, brown, dark blue, white/clear, and green.
12. Paint 2 rocks with an Alaskan Native art design. Hide them on two different trails.
13. BONUS SQUARE: Upload one or all photos from squares 6, 11, and/or 23 to social media and tag #KANASummerBingo19 (If you do not have access to social media, show pictures to KANA Wellness Center staff.)
14. Invite a friend/family member for coffee and a walk. Tell them why you are thankful to have them in your life.
15. Eat three different types of vegetables every day for one week straight.
16. Walk the length of a beach. At the end of the beach, sit down for a few minutes and reflect on 3 things that you are thankful for in your life.
17. Prepare two dishes using an outdoor Alaskan resource that you harvested (berries, gardened goods, wild game, fish, etc.)
18. Fill two grocery bags full of trash found outside. Drop off at your nearest dumpster.
19. Kayak, paddle board, or go surfing for a total of 60 minutes.
20. Hike or walk a trail/mountain of your choice. Hike the same trail a second time and log a shorter time.
21. Find 2 painted rocks on any of the hiking trails. If they say “KANA Summer Bingo” on them, bring them into the KANA Wellness Center for 2 extra prize jar entries.
22. Pick a bouquet of Alaskan wild flowers and deliver it to someone who has made a positive impact in your life.
23. Kodiak residents, take your picture with the flagpole on Old Woman's mountain.
24. Challenge a friend or family member to 60 minutes of any outdoor exercise game (Frisbee, tennis, softball, corn hole, basketball, etc.).
25. Plant flowers, vegetables, or any other plant in a garden, pot, or the community garden.